Monday, March 23, 2009

Never Afraid to Cut

One of my fellow Garden for the Environment GETuP members recently turned me on to Cynthia Sandberg's Grow Better Veggie's blog. Aside from the beautiful vegetables Cynthia grows, she also has creative, inspiring yet practical ideas to use in the garden. Just as I was worrying about my gangly fava seedlings, I read her post on cutting them back in order to produce a fuller plant and voila, I had found my answer! The plants were cut down to their first nodes and left out for a couple more days while we turned their beds and added our first batch of compost. Later in the day on Friday, expecting weekend rains and mild temperatures, we planted our seedlings and here is what happened:

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad that you found your answer... and from a fellow blogger at that!